[TowerTalk] feedpoint capacitors

K9MA k9ma at sdellington.us
Sun Apr 25 21:20:43 EDT 2021

I've long been using some ceramic doorknob capacitors in my 160 shunt
feed. It seems only the N750 TC is available in large values, and they
do drift when they warm up. I ended up putting two smaller ones in
parallel, which solved the problem. They just need to be derated to 50
percent or less of rated current. The loading capacitor in my Ameritron
amplifier also drifts as it warms up, no doubt for the same reason.

73,
Scott K9MA