[TowerTalk] ALFASPID rotor problem....

Fernando Gonzalez, EC1CT ec1ct at esbesaya.com
Sat Dec 25 04:05:55 EST 2021

Hi there,
First of all MERRY XMAS for all !!!!....I´m using this holiday season to set up my new AlfaSpid SPX01 AZ/EL rotor. It´s part of a LEO satellite station that I´m building when weather allows.
Yesterday I put the rotor on my workbench and started to test it on azimuth. Wiring is correct, power is 13.8v and rotation is smooth. I found out that the rotor is missing 25% of its rotation.
Put it on 0º degrees but when it reach 45º, controller says its on 90º....when it reach 90º it says it´s on 180 and when it´s on 270 it says it´s on 359 and stops rotation (got then configured for 360º North stop).
Looks likes it counts 2 pulses for every degree instead of one. The same applies for elevation movement. Any ideas???...This is my first alpha spid rotor. Happy holiday season.
73s
EC1CT – KD0IGJ Fernando
 ec1ct at esbesaya.com

--
Este correo electrónico ha sido comprobado en busca de virus por AVG.
http://www.avg.com