[TowerTalk] Loosing guy wires when hoisting antenna

kq2m at kq2m.com kq2m at kq2m.com
Sat Feb 20 18:09:28 EST 2021

Hi John and Dan,

Tram's are useful and preferred and I have used them wherever possible;
however, in heavily forested areas away from paved roads or driveways,
and especially with ledge and highly uneven terrain, there may not be
the clearance to tram up antennas beyond a certain height, if at all.
In those instances, alternative methods, like removing a guy wire, may
be the only way possible to get an antenna up the tower, and, if it can
be done properly, there is no reason to avoid it.  Which is why I had to
do that at my qth for one of my towers.

Years later after removing more trees and having a few hurricanes and
tornados remove additional trees for me  ;-)  now all antennas can be
trammed up at my qth.

Bob KQ2M