[TowerTalk] Dipole center connector

David Hachadorian k6ll.dave at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 23:01:55 EDT 2021

I also am curious about failure modes on the Budwigs.  It is possible to
misuse the Budwigs by putting strain on the exposed copper parts.  The
antenna wire is supposed to be secured to the PLASTIC part of the
insulator, with a zero-strain connection to the copper part.  I haven't
had any problems with the Budwigs, but then again, I'm not using #10
antenna wire in 100 foot trees.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Big Bear Lake, CA

On 7/22/2021 7:40 PM, john at kk9a.com wrote:
> What pulls apart?  I have Budwig centers for temporary dipoles without
> issues.
>
> John KK9A
>

> Dave Thompson K4JRB wrote:
>
> I am looking for a better dipole center connector better than the Budwig.
> Any ideas?
> The Budwig can pull apart.
>
> 73 Dave K4JRB

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL