[TowerTalk] Dipole center connector

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Fri Jul 23 01:13:12 EDT 2021

On 7/22/2021 8:01 PM, David Hachadorian wrote:
> I haven't had any problems with the Budwigs, but then again, I'm not
> using #10 antenna wire in 100 foot trees.

I haven't either, because the few I've used were for CQP dipoles with
relatively little stress on them. Mechanical issues drive much of the
design of wire antennas with a lot of stress on them. My wires, mostly
up 130 ft at the centers, fed with 160-180 ft of RG11, probably 20-30 ft
of droop from the ends, have 100# weights on one end, one end tied off,
and pulleys at the rigging points, which are probably in the range of
150 ft. T When the wind blows, they can move around a lot.

73, Jim K9YC