[TowerTalk] 306 stainless steel

Richard Smith n6kt1 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jun 3 18:02:01 EDT 2021

 I Googled:
"tensile strength of 304 and 316 stainless steel" and the result shows that the two alloys have very close tensile strengths and yield strengths.

I bought a bunch 316 SS hardware, planning to use them at the PJ4K station on Bonaire, but with the travel restrictions haven't been able to go and try them yet. It may take some months or years to see a difference between 304 SS and 316 SS, but the Caribbean is a good test bed.
73, Rich, N6KT