[TowerTalk] Need Quality RG6 cable

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Thu Mar 11 16:24:22 EST 2021

On 3/11/2021 1:04 PM, Richard (Rick) Karlquist wrote:
> Has anyone else measured characteristic impedance of RG/6?

I've measured a NOS Pasternak-branded RG6 with a copper center and two
copper braid shields that came from a Sil Valley surplus house (HSC)
that looked awfully close to a Belden part number, and flooded Commscope
RG6 like DX Eng sells. I don't recall being surprised by either. I use a
lot of the Commscope on my RX antennas, both ham and broadcast FM and
TV. Both are very good quality. The Commscope stuff is VERY nice to pull
long distances -- the runs to some of my RX antennas are almost 400 ft
through the woods.

73, Jim K9YC