[TowerTalk] Wind noise

Al Kozakiewicz akozak at hourglass.com
Sun Mar 14 13:14:10 EDT 2021

I guess I have been laboring under the illusion that an antenna is the most resistant to damage when the boom is parallel to the wind direction. Strong winds here are predominantly from the west, so that is where I park it when not in use. If that is wrong, then the problem is probably solved by a different parking orientation!

If you look at the pictures on QRZ the tower itself is shielded from the dominant wind direction by the house, so I assume the noise is generated by whatever is on the mast. The roof ridgeline is due E-W and the antennas a pointed NE in the photo.

Al
AB2ZY