[TowerTalk] RG402 for Choke/Balun

Máximo EA1DDO_HK1H ea1ddo at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 18 08:29:03 EDT 2021

Hi all,

I normally use RG400 for chokes on FT240 toroids.
Recently I've tryed RG402 semi-rigid coax cable, the "blue one".
RF properties are quite similar, in fact RG402 seems to be a bit better than RG400.
Because RG402 is semi-rigid, is much easier to make tight turns on the toroids, easier to work with.

After some months using it, HF bands legal limit amp, I can't see any issue.
Just wondering if I am missing anything, or if someone else have tried the RG402 coax.

Thanks

73, Maximo