[TowerTalk] RG402 for Choke/Balun

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Thu Mar 18 09:07:34 EDT 2021

I have no experience with RG402.  It appears to be a little smaller
and it has a steel conductor.  What RF properties are better?

John KK9A

Máximo EA1DDO wrote:

Hi all,

I normally use RG400 for chokes on FT240 toroids.
Recently I've tryed RG402 semi-rigid coax cable, the "blue one".
RF properties are quite similar, in fact RG402 seems to be a bit
better than RG400.
Because RG402 is semi-rigid, is much easier to make tight turns on the
toroids, easier to work with.

After some months using it, HF bands legal limit amp, I can't see any issue.
Just wondering if I am missing anything, or if someone else have tried
the RG402 coax.

Thanks

73, Maximo