[TowerTalk] Uniform construction code, building under    existing tower?

k7lxc at aol.com k7lxc at aol.com
Mon Nov 15 10:40:42 EST 2021

>  Anyone familiar with the building code, UCC ? Property owner wants to subdivide existing lot, and build a home on a newly formed lot adjacent to existing tower?.I would think there would be something in the code preventing building in the tower shadow/footprint?..any legal eagles know ???

    The UCC is one of several bodies of regulations for zoning and construction. In turn, each zoning entity may add or change any of the regulations so you need to go to the building department for that jurisdiction and take a look at their rules. You can usually find them online.

    And be sure to check out the differences between Commercial towers and non-commercial towers.

    But I doubt there are any regulations relating to "tower shadow/footprint".

Cheers,

Steve     K7LXC

TOWER TECH

PS – There’s a whole chapter in my UP THE TOWER book on the legalese of zoning and building regs available from championradio.com.