[TowerTalk] Decoupling feedlines from tower

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Fri Oct 8 08:58:07 EDT 2021

On 2021-10-08 3:17 AM, w7xu at w7xu.com wrote:
> I suppose I could patch in short sections of flexible coax with
> associated chokes suitable for 136 kHz, but I wonder if there is
> another way to accomplish the goal.

The chokes would be excessively large for 136 KHz.  They most likely
need to be resonant (parallel tank) and are only applicable if the
tower is base insulated.

The far easier solution is to skirt the tower (making it a folded
monopole).  However, that only works if the tower sides are "clean"
at least for a substantial portion of its height.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV