[TowerTalk] Decoupling feedlines from tower

w7xu at w7xu.com w7xu at w7xu.com
Fri Oct 8 12:43:39 EDT 2021

A bit more information on the tower:

It's base insulated and 190 ft. high. There are 3 ring rotators, so that
precludes using a tower skirt.

Thanks for the suggestions I've received. And yes, I, too, am hesitant
to interrupt the runs of Heliax, but I didn't know how else I might
accomplish decoupling the feedlines. And perhaps that's not practical,
either. But then I'm not an engineer and was hoping someone had another
solution.

73, Arliss  W7XU

I have a tower that I'd like to use as a vertical radiator on 136 kHz,
but I am uncertain as to how to decouple the feedlines that supply the
antennas already on the tower. For the most part, the feedlines range
from 7/8" to 1-1/4" Heliax.

I suppose I could patch in short sections of flexible coax with
associated chokes suitable for 136 kHz, but I wonder if there is another
way to accomplish the goal.

Thanks.

73, Arliss  W7XU