[TowerTalk] SP7GXP antennas?

Lux, Jim jim at luxfamily.com
Thu Oct 21 20:21:28 EDT 2021

On 10/21/21 11:30 AM, Randy Farmer wrote:
> Sounds like they're specifying gain relative to isotropic, hence an
> extra 2.1 dB.
>
> 73...
> Randy, W8FN

SP7GXP is quoting dBd - but does not say "free space" or "ground reflection"

Frequency: 28, 21, 14 MHz
Number of elements per band:
28 MHz – 8 ele.
21 MHz – 4 ele.
14 MHz – 4 ele.
Gain [dBd]: 10,5 - 9,8 - 9,6
Front to back ratio [dB]: 26 – 22 – 20
Bandwidth for SWR 1,5:1:
- 28 MHz: 600 KHz
- 21 MHz: 300 KHz
- 14 MHz: 300 KHz
Maximal power SSB: 2000 W
Band change automatic
Boom lenght: 10,3m
Longest element: 11m
Radius of rotation: 7,35m

Optibeam

* = average gain over dipol in free-space / for comparison: 2 el
monobander 4 dBd, 3 el 5-6 dBd
** = average gain at 20m above ground (= dBd + 2.15 dB isotropic + about
5 dB ground reflection)

OB16-3 		16 Element, 3 Band

Bands 		20 / 15 / 10
Gain (dBd) * 		7,1 / 7,5 / 8,5