[TowerTalk] Square Quad Loop

Mark - N5OT r-emails at n5ot.com
Sat Oct 23 07:49:02 EDT 2021

Hey Byron,

Two thoughts.

1. Full-wave loops sure do play, and making them work on 80 meters is
not hard.  Put one up and see what happens.

2. If it was me and I had a 130 foot tower, I'd be trying to figure out
how to get a half wave vertical on the air.  Perhaps as easy as a
vertical dipole fed at the center.  That will definitely get you a lobe
at a lower angle than the full-wave loop.

3. Don't beat yourself up on ground conductivity - pretty much nothing
you can do to change it.

Make that, "Three thoughts."

73 - Mark N5OT