[TowerTalk] Hardline Newbie

Doug Howard kg5oa at ymail.com
Thu Sep 2 20:39:09 EDT 2021

Thank you for all of the responses. The CommScope website doesn’t have any data sheets on the CR107NF (or CR1070NF) connector. I think they haven’t sold them for so long that they just don’t post the data any longer. If anyone happens to have a copy of the installation instructions for that connector type, I’d certainly appreciate it.
I’ve learned that the CR-1070 CT B prep tool is only one of two prep tools I need. There is a coring tool that should be used after the end is cut off square. Then the CT B is used to remove the outer jacket to the proper distance from the end of the outer conductor. I don’t know what the model number is for the coring tool that is specific to the CR-1070 hardline, but I think I could get a generic all-in-one 7/8” coring tool if I knew the critical dimensions: how far the center conductor extends beyond the end of the outer conductor, how far the dielectric between the two conductors needs to be cored from the end of the outer conductor, and how far the jacket should be removed from the end of the outer conductor. I would hope that the connector installation instructions would contain that data.
I got the connectors at Nebraska Surplus Sales. Maybe they have a copy. Maybe I could write to CommScope to see if someone there has an instruction sheet buried at the bottom of a desk drawer somewhere. HI HI
Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
73,Doug - KG5OA

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone