[TowerTalk] Nut & Bolt Sealant

Gedas w8bya at mchsi.com
Wed Sep 8 00:36:02 EDT 2021

That is pretty neat Kurt. One of the applications I have requires that
the agent not be too thin and flow down in between the threads and I
want it to remain on the outside only.

For example I finished tuning a 6-cavity 10 GHz uW BPF that was so
amazingly sensitive to the adjustment screws position and contact to the
case it is hard to explain. Even the slightest change in the electrical
bonding of the tiny screws and their position changed the filters
properties drastically. When I finished tuning it to perfection I just
wanted to put a drop of something over the setting nut and plunger to
ensure it would not budge a hair. I used thick (semi-hardened) nail
polish since it was not going to be exposed to the elements. But I will
also need to seal large nuts and bolts that will be outside as well and
would be great if there was one product that could be used in both
applications.

Gedas, W8BYA EN70JT

Gallery at http://w8bya.com (under repair)
Light travels faster than sound....