[TowerTalk] Phillystran suppliers

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Fri Sep 10 18:13:50 EDT 2021

I have been using the same Phillystan for decades. Mine was purchased new so
I know exactly what model it is and what terminations are acceptable. It
seems to tolerate UV very well.

John KK9A

Keith Dutson wrote:

Anyone know if used Phillystran is still good.
Years ago I bought some tower sections from a ham who took down several Rohn
55G towers.  The fellow handling the sale had a big pile of guy lines used
for the towers.  The pile was all 6700 pound Phillystran, just as they were
installed, with thimbles and short Rohn EHS guys attached to each end.  I
bought the whole pile for a good price.  I am thinking of using them to put
up a couple of 160 foot towers.