[TowerTalk] Unique Shunt Feed

Dennis W0JX w0jx at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 16 14:48:55 EDT 2021

What you are asking about is not unique at all. In the broadcasting industry, it is called "Center Feed." I have intended to try this with my 80 foot shunt fed tower but I have reasoned not to mess up what is already working very well.
The attractiveness of the "Center Feed" approach is that there would no longer be stand-offs getting in the way of other antenna components and it is easier to climb the tower. The negative part is that finding the right level to tap the tower is probably pure guess work and it is a bit harder to adjust when it is inside the tower. Perhaps an Omega Match approach would make it easier to do.
Anyway, here is a link to an article about the "Center Feed." I believe a VE2 also tried this method but I don't remember the call sign:
Radio Antenna Engineering - Shunt-fed Radiators

73, Dennis W0JX

|  |  |

|  |
Radio Antenna Engineering - Shunt-fed Radiators

H. Lohninger