[TowerTalk] Intermittent on Receive Only

Tony Brock-Fisher barockteer at aol.com
Thu Sep 16 16:35:49 EDT 2021

I had this problem crop up in the middle of a contest. Convinced it was
the T/R relay in the amp, I tore my AL-1200 apart in the middle of
Saturday night CQWW. After that didn't fix the problem, I finally
(duh!) realized it only happened on 80m. I traced it to a bad UHF union
in the feedline. Exact same symptom as a bad T/R relay - Rx goes dead
after TX, and a little burp of RF usually clears it, until next time...

BTDT,

-Tony, K1KP