[TowerTalk] Intermittent on Receive Only

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Thu Sep 16 18:24:44 EDT 2021

On 9/16/2021 1:35 PM, Tony Brock-Fisher via TowerTalk wrote:
> I traced it to a bad UHF union in the feedline. Exact same symptom as a
> bad T/R relay - Rx goes dead after TX, and a little burp of RF usually
> clears it, until next time...

Was it an Amphenol-branded or surplus MIL spec? Or was it a no-name
knockoff?  I would suspect the latter.

When I got back on the air in 2003, I stocked my junk box with all sorts
of adapters from hamfest vendors, and over the next 5-6 years they
caused me no end of problems, most of which were difficult to track down.

I got religion and stocked up on REAL adapters, either MIL-spec surplus
or Amphenol parts. Yes, they cost a lot more, but doing brought an end
to those problems.

73, Jim K9YC