[TowerTalk] Experience with K0XG guy ring bearings?

Grant Saviers grants2 at pacbell.net
Mon Aug 8 19:40:39 EDT 2022

I have 7 rotator rings on Rohn65.

What I learned was to check all of the assembly items - I had bottomed
out bolts, loose bolts, missing lockwashers, incorrect cam follower
diameters, etc.

The design is excellent and the parts are well made, the assemblers were
incompetent.

For cam followers there are 3 versions - open, sealed, and Zerk grease
fitting holes.  I don't know the design details for tower rings or what
might be best in that application, given how they might be exposed or
not to the weather.  Having Zerks that can get a shot of grease every
year appeals to me but YMMV.

I also found that it takes a bit of searching to source exact match
followers.

Grant KZ1W