[TowerTalk] Lightning protection (?) for Ameritron RCS-10 antenna switch

Rob Atkinson ranchorobbo at gmail.com
Sat Aug 20 07:23:21 EDT 2022

It's a good thing to do.  It won't fully protect but it will add some
X(L) in series with the strike RF.   You frequently see a one turn
loop in the feed to an AM tower from the tuning house for the same
reason.  By the way, it's also advisable to take excess power cord
length in your shack and wrap them into coil bundles for the same
reason.   Making it harder to go one way means it's easier to go the
way you want it to, but you have to have an easier way like a low
resistance path directly to ground.

73
Rob
K5UJ