[TowerTalk] K7NV SK

Pete Smith N4ZR pete.n4zr at gmail.com
Sun Aug 28 08:23:20 EDT 2022

Just saw on the CWOps reflector that K7NV passed away last week. Back in
the mid-1990s, Kurt's work in failure analysis of Rohn towers broke new
ground for me (and I suspect, for most of us).  At the time, he had been
doing finite element analysis for the masts of America's Cup sailboats,
and applied the same sort of methods to towers. If I remember correctly,
all of the models failed ultimately close to or at the base, which led
to my decision to employ a pier pin base on my one and only big tower.
We corresponded just a few weeks ago.  RIP Kurt.

--
73, Pete N4ZR
web server at<https://reversebeacon.net>.