[TowerTalk] Increasing the Inside diameter of a 1 inch outside diameter Alum pipe.

Grant Saviers grants2 at pacbell.net
Wed Aug 31 11:27:59 EDT 2022

If it really is PIPE - NPS dimensions then there is no slip fit inside
or outside that fits without machining one or both parts

If it is TUBING - exact inch size od (usually 0.125" steps in od) then
the 1" wall thickness needs to be about 0.060 so the 7/8 0.875" od tube
will fit inside.  Tube walls unless specifically sourced as telescoping
will usually be in exact multiples of 0.125 - 1/8, 3/16, 1/4 etc.

Metric size tubes do not telescope.

Other wise a lathe and thicker wall materials are needed turned to size.

There are some very rare exceptions of tube/pipe fits in other than the
standard schedule 40 pipe standard od and wall, since pipe comes in same
od but different wall thickness from schedule 10 to 120 and beyond.

DXengineering sell telescopic tubing in 3 and 6ft lengths.  Plus it has
to be drawn round, handled carefully, or it won't telescope.

Grant KZ1W