[TowerTalk] High power 2:1 transformer was Re: 16om vertical and the number of radials

Pete Smith N4ZR pete.n4zr at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 15:38:36 EST 2022

A somewhat related question - as the R component at the feedpoint of my
inverted L goes down toward 25 ohms, I've begun wondering if I should do
some matching at the feedpoint, rather than using my tuner in the shack,
even though feedline losses at 160 are relatively low.  Can someone
point me toward a good way to do a 2:1 downward transformation?  I
already have a common mode choke at the feedpoint.

73, Pete N4ZR
web server at<https://reversebeacon.net>.
For spots, please use your favorite
"retail" DX cluster.