[TowerTalk] High power 2:1 transformer was Re: 16om vertical and the number of radials

marsh at ka5m.net marsh at ka5m.net
Fri Dec 2 16:05:45 EST 2022

Yes, match at the feedpoint.

You might check out Balun Designs:
https://www.balundesigns.com/1-2-balun-25-to-50-ohms-3kw-1213/

Marsh, KA5M

-----Original Message-----
From: TowerTalk <towertalk-bounces at contesting.com> On Behalf Of Pete Smith N4ZR
Sent: Friday, December 02, 2022 2:39 PM
To: towertalk at contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] High power 2:1 transformer was Re: 16om vertical and the number of radials

A somewhat related question - as the R component at the feedpoint of my inverted L goes down toward 25 ohms, I've begun wondering if I should do some matching at the feedpoint, rather than using my tuner in the shack, even though feedline losses at 160 are relatively low.  Can someone point me toward a good way to do a 2:1 downward transformation?  I already have a common mode choke at the feedpoint.

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the new Reverse Beacon Network web server at<https://reversebeacon.net>.
For spots, please use your favorite
"retail" DX cluster.