[TowerTalk] Reliability (or not) of SMA connectors

KD7JYK DM09 kd7jyk at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 4 16:03:34 EST 2022

On 12/4/2022 09:13, Pete Smith N4ZR wrote:
> My first thought is/was that there might be some sort of conductive
> Loctite-equivalent that I could use.  Nothing found so far.

There's conductive, and inductive.

JB Weld contains iron, and is magnetic.  It's comparable to the ferrite
materials used in RF.  A good dollop of that inside each connector will
accomplish something.  You can get 4-minute cure JB Weld, so you don't
have to wait too long to see what happens.  The SMA female side holds
the stuff really well.

Kurt