[TowerTalk] Prosistel 61D

Edward Seeliger eseeliger at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 29 20:42:12 EST 2022

I have a Prosistel 71D rotator that broke the shear pin from the motor to the worm gear (I verified the motor turned but the mast did not with the rotor up on the tower). Jay Terleski at Array Solutions referred me to Paul K9NU who does Prosistel repairs for him. Paul told me how to remove the motor to gain access to the shear pin coupling. He also recommended using the shank from an appropriately sized drill bit as a replacement for the shear pin. Or I could make a wooden box to ship the rotator to him for repair.
I removed the rotator from the tower and repaired it on the ground then replaced it on the tower - I had not ever taken a rotator apart before.
There is also a description of repairing / disassembly of a Prosistel rotator with many pictures on the internet done by another ham. I found it by searching for Prosistel repair on the internet (search engines are you friend now!) - Rebuilding the PST 61 Rotator (rogerhalstead.com) (http://www.rogerhalstead.com/Gears.htm) There are now also youtube videos ane phtots of Prosistel rotator disassembly.
Contact Paul K9NU - he was most helpful and knowledgeable!
Happy New Year to all.
Edd - KD5M