[TowerTalk] Mast install help

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Mon Jan 24 22:02:52 EST 2022

It is easier and safer with a bigger gin pole. If you're using a Rohn gin
pole a 2" x 22 ft mast is substantially heaver that it is designed to lift.
Remember that the minimum force on the pole is double the weight of the
object being lifted.

John KK9A

Greg N5IF wrote:

I've a 22ft chromoly mast and am wondering if I will get this installed at
the moment (without a crane).

Right now, I have 40ft of R55, and I thought I would raise the mast and
drop it into the yet to be completed tower (easier to do in my mind) vs
trying to stab it into the bearing when the tower is completed.

How have others dealt with a 22ft mast, when you have a 12ft gin
pole.......what am I missing to get this done?

Greg
N5IF