[TowerTalk] Rope for free hand lifting

N1BUG paul at n1bug.com
Wed Jul 6 06:16:12 EDT 2022

Thanks for all of the suggestions!

I wonder how those recommending pulleys are doing it? I find a pulley
attached to a tower leg or mast to be impractical, as it causes the load
to scrape or bang against the tower and quite often get caught up on a
tower rung, guy wire or other hardware. It's great if you are working
with ground crew but when working alone I have not found it useful.

What would be really nice is some sort of bracket that could be quickly
clamped to a tower leg with an arm extending outward at least a foot
from the tower face with a quality ball bearing pulley on the end.
Ideally this would use captive hardware with some quick method of
attaching/removing from the tower leg, perhaps similar to a mini version
of a gin pole clamp. I know of no such product on the market. If there
is one, please point me to it!

I still have a few suggestions to look at but I am leaning toward 1/2"
rope from KF7P. It has received several recommendations and is less
expensive than most alternatives.

73,
Paul N1BUG