[TowerTalk] Rope for free hand lifting

k1ttt.dave at gmail.com k1ttt.dave at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 08:47:49 EDT 2022

Hook the pulley to the tower as far above your head as you can, run the rope
to the ground over your shoulder, and the other end under your foot... this
way you can use your leg to push down to lift the load then slide the rope
under your boot to make another step.  You can lift heavier loads that way
than by pulling up with your arms... just watch out, it can cut a groove in
soft shoe sole and/or your shoulder!

You can also use antenna booms (providing they are strong enough) to hold
the pulley out from the tower.  And of course sidearms can be used if
available.  For temporary use you can put a pipe through the tower and tie
it down to the rungs as a pulley standoff.

The best of course is to have a ground crew with a tag line to control it on
the way up.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt at arrl.net
web: http://wiki.k1ttt.net