[TowerTalk] 2 guys, one anchor?

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Tue May 3 11:47:16 EDT 2022

A Big-Grip would go though the eye of the turnbuckle on the tower side
regardless if an equalizing plate was used or not.  Connecting the
turnbuckle to the anchor rod may be an issue, depending on the jaw opening.
This is another reason to purchase the proper plates.

John KK9A

Steve Maki K8LX wrote:
Good point Tim.

But he said nothing about preforms.

I was assuming the anchor rods were the kind with the 'fist" ends, which
are made to have multiple wires wrapped through them. I thought he was
going to use cable clamps or compression sleeves, not big grips. That
sort of install is fine for a 60' tower.

But yes, you know what they say about assumptions...

-Steve K8LX