[TowerTalk] Fw: Feeding single band HF yagis 500+ ft from the shack

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Wed May 18 14:07:35 EDT 2022

On 5/18/2022 10:49 AM, Grant Saviers wrote:
> "pretty soon a fraction of a db here and there adds to 3db"

Yep. I've done a lot of optimization in my station doing exactly this.
Lower loss feedlines, using RG11 on high dipoles rather than RG8 to
reduce mismatch loss at the band edges, raising those dipoles another 20
ft, LP100A power meter (higher accuracy, peak reading) so that I can run
closer to legal limit.

73, Jim K9YC