[TowerTalk] 10M 4:1 "Transformer"

Larry Banks larryb.w1dyj at verizon.net
Sat May 21 22:02:12 EDT 2022

Hi All,

I am designing a rather unique 10m FM vertical for my local repeater
net.  It has to fit into my attic, which is only 50" tall.  I have this
antenna designed, and it "should" work, but it has an impedance of
essentially 14 ohms.  (Typical for a shortened antenna.)  I want to
fabricate a 4:1 transformer to facilitate this.  There are many such
things available on the web, many of which I question. PLUS, I wish to
design and build this myself.

I would appreciate any suggestions about how I should go about this.
Ferrite type and size, etc.  I have to admit that I have not yet done an
exhaustive search of the already available sources, especially all of
the great stuff from Jim, K9YC.  What I have already looked at is lots
of ads for questionable stuff.

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ