[TowerTalk] 10M 4:1 "Transformer"

David Gilbert ab7echo at gmail.com
Sun May 22 00:26:18 EDT 2022

Is it a folded monopole?  A 50 inch vertical section fed at the base
looks to me (using EZNEC+) like it would have a native source impedance
around 3.5 ohms, which a folded monopole with equal diameter elements
would transform to 14 ohms (4:1).  If that's what you are doing, you can
simply do a similar thing but with four elements to give you a 16:1
transformation.   I'm pretty sure that would be more efficient than any
kind of ferrite transformer.

There is about 300 ohms of capacitive reactance involved as well. How
are you tuning that out?  I presume a coil.

73,
Dave   AB7E