[TowerTalk] Pipe for guy anchor

Ken WA8JXM wa8jxm at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 18:12:48 EST 2022

John is correct that "pipe" is poor for structural use.  The proper term
for what you need is "tube" which is structural and available in a wide
range of diameter and wall thickness.  It is also available in round,
square or rectangular form.

Tyler recommended angle iron (steel). I'm not an engineer but if I were
going to do that , I would use two pieces back to back in a "tee" form to
give it more strength.  As a teenager, I had a 50' tower guyed by 4x4x1/4"
angle with an eye-bolt drilled through the corner,  The angle iron was
driven in with a sledge hammer.  It  probably did not meet specs but it
worked for the few years I had it up.