[TowerTalk] Tower base equipment enclosure

Jim W7RY jimw7ry at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 10:54:59 EDT 2022

You may want to try to get to know the local cell site
technician/engineer. They are changing out weathertight cabinets all the
time.

If you see someone working at a site, stop and ask them.  But carry your
hard hat with you in case there is tower work going on overhead so they
don't freak out!

73, Jim W7RY

On 10/3/2022 9:12 AM, Lux, Jim wrote:
> On 10/3/22 6:42 AM, Grant Saviers wrote:
>> Not at the tower base, but I use a 42h x36w x18d office supplies
>> cabinet, 2 doors for my entrance j-box.  I bought the welded up one.
>> 3x 3" + 3x 2" bottom and sides conduits in plus 2x 3" conduits into
>> the shack out the back.  A couple of coats of latex house paint and
>> all is well in Seattle rain after 8 years. Cheaper, easier to work
>> inside, and much easier to punch than a Knaack.  Although some mice
>> decided to live in the tower runs - bronze wool stuffing solved that
>> :) .
>

> That's kind of what I was thinking.. Some sort of cabinet that's a bit
> lighter weight than a Knaack. And you seem to have found one that is
> "rain tight".

Thanks and 73, Jim W7RY