[TowerTalk] Old coax questions.... OK? or NOT OK?

John Simmons jasimmons at pinewooddata.com
Sun Oct 9 11:26:46 EDT 2022

Please do not use this coax for any transmission line or high voltage
purpose. It has been damaged by moisture!

I spent 27 years as a two-way tech, with hundreds of visits to tower
sites. Weatherproofing coax connections is a science and there are lots
of opinions. However, I've seen professionally weatherproofed
connections with water ingress, including water actually pouring out of
the shack end of the cable!

YMMV

-de John "Curly" NI0K in rural Debs, MN USA
Hamshack Hotline: 6100000271
https://www.qrz.com/db/NI0K