[TowerTalk] Old coax questions.... OK? or NOT OK?

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sun Oct 9 15:43:13 EDT 2022

On 10/9/2022 8:26 AM, John Simmons wrote:
> Weatherproofing coax connections is a science and there are lots of
> opinions.

I view it as a learned art, based on lots of EXPERIENCE, including
seeing what coax looks like years later.

> However, I've seen professionally weatherproofed connections
> with water ingress, including water actually pouring out of the shack
> end of the cable!

Water can enter coax at some point of physical damage to the outer
jacket, as well as at connectors. And it can be, as it was for one of my
runs, a defect in the physical construction of what it was connected to.

73, Jim K9YC