[TowerTalk] Loading guy wires

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Sat Sep 17 17:52:58 EDT 2022

You could hang Christmas lights on the guys:)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerbrandy_Tower

If you're making an inverted V with guy wires it may be a lot of work to
tune (or change from CW to Phone on 80m) and the angle between the dipole
legs may be less than desirable.  This also assumes that you do not have
side mounted Yagis that are effected by conductive guys.

GL,
John KK9A

dave arruzza w1ctn wrote:

I have two guyed towers going up at my new station.
Both 70 footers
I would hate to have all the guy wire just being used to hold up the towers
I think some of it could be used as a radiator.
Opinions / comments please
73Dave W1CTN