[TowerTalk] Loading guy wires

KD7JYK DM09 kd7jyk at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 17 19:01:17 EDT 2022

"and the angle between the dipole legs may be less than desirable."

I ran into this.

I had an inverted V design, that would allow me to switch between N-S,
and E-W.

Mid-stream, I doubled the height of my supporting structure, without
compensating, which causes the V's radiate in a vertical polarization
with 1dB difference between N-S, and E-W, and that's only due to foliage
near one leg.

Bloody stupid, and expensive mistake.  If nothing else, it's an
elaborate vertical with radiating guy wires.

Kurt