[TowerTalk] Feeding Guys was Loading Guy Wires

KD7JYK DM09 kd7jyk at earthlink.net
Sun Sep 18 01:48:53 EDT 2022

> Phillystran turned that into a much better antenna.  I suspect that
> making sections of guy resonant on one of the bands could have some
> unexpected effects on other antennas on the tower. Or, it might work fine.

I'd have to dig out some old books, but didn't the ARRL Handbook have a
chart of all metallic guy lengths to avoid to prevent interactions, and
resonance?

Like the image on the left here:

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-lOK9wj3pL30/WQvMHmLNnHI/AAAAAAAACj8/fKDc1jzvZjAayfvoO7x5P-tFkb7FhsRkACLcB/s1600/arrl_vs_n2ic_guy_interactions_vs_length.png

It's been nearly thirty years since I've referenced it, I use synthetic
materials now.

Kurt