[TowerTalk] Source for Beverage Antenna Terminating Resistors

Steve, NR4M steve at nr4m.com
Sun Apr 16 17:00:02 EDT 2023

I got tired of losing terminating resistors and the matching transformers at the feed, so I place low voltage gas discharge tube between the Beverage wire and the ground rod, at each end of the antenna.
The gas discharge tube (GDT) will conduct at about 70 volts.  When I bought them years ago, they were about $1 each, for qty of 100.  I also put them across the input of my Beverage receive bandpass filters.
Haven’t lost anything to lightning strikes since I started using them.

Steve, NR4M

Sent from my iPhone