[TowerTalk] Antenna Tuner Roller Inductor

Jim W7RY jimw7ry at gmail.com
Sat Apr 22 11:43:25 EDT 2023

I just used a green scratch pad on mine a few weeks ago. It cleaned it
up nicely and now makes good contact.

LIGHTLY is the key word here. You don't want to take off the plating on
the wire.

When your done, make sure to take some alcahol and wipe the roller down
to get the metal flakes off of the coil.
Pressurized air works good to to clean up afterwords too.

73, Jim W7RY

On 4/22/2023 10:26 AM, JOHN OWENS wrote:
> The roller inductor in my antenna tuner is oxidized and dirty. What is the best way to clean the conductor surfaces?? -  John Owens -  N7TK

Thanks and 73, Jim W7RY