[TowerTalk] Assembling a Yagi

Art Greenberg art at artg.tv
Fri Jan 27 06:42:12 EST 2023

The antenna is a 6 element 6m yagi, VB-66DX. The instructions are a
photocopy of a photocopy, I think. The drawing is too small to see
sufficient detail.

I have an earlier version of this antenna, the 6m "Long John", and for
that the elements were indeed pre-cut. There was only a little room for
adjustment, that being the depth into the element bracket that the
element was inserted.

This antenna has a short section of 7/16 dia. tubing at the boom end of
each element, and the 7/16 dia. tubing telescopes into that. That change
provides much more room for adjustment. I presume the change also
lengthens the life of the elements.