[TowerTalk] AFCI RFI?

w6rgs at cox.net w6rgs at cox.net
Thu Mar 16 13:29:06 EDT 2023

Hi Gene,

Several years ago I upgraded the wiring in my home.  California code
required AFCI breakers for several circuits.  I purchased Eaton AFCI
units and they worked well, except when I got on the radio.
Unfortunately, on transmit, they would all trip.  Eaton received lots of
complaints from other consumers and finally came up with a unit that
wasn't affected by RFI.  You might consider a call to Eaton tech support
for an update or speak to an electrician who has recently used this
brand.  Or, perhaps someone here has had more recent experience than I have.

Best of luck.  Bill W6RGS