[TowerTalk] AFCI RFI?

KD7JYK DM09 kd7jyk at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 16 15:21:45 EDT 2023

> It is also true that a lot of panel manufacturers say "only use our
> breakers" - and if that's what it says, then that's what the NEC requires.

Basic marketing.  They don't say, "Use our panels, and ANY other brand
breaker...".

At $400-$1,000 per panel, and $50-$150 per breaker (add some zeros to
have a flunky install them), saying anything else is just bad business.
  Why have a only few dollars, when one can have ALL of the dollars...?

As to what the NEC requires, one must read that- only, not the hyped
pamphlets at Home Depot, or even forums.

The breakers themselves meet a requirement, and standard.

Kurt