[TowerTalk] Detuning a tower .... was Open-wire transmission line

David Gilbert ab7echo at gmail.com
Tue Jan 2 12:49:10 EST 2024

Hi, Joe.

Detuning a tower and shunt feeding a tower seem to be essentially the
same mechanism except for whether there is a feed or not, and I've often
wondered why running a wire down the center of a tower wouldn't create
the same coaxial section as surrounding the tower with multiple wires.
Has anyone successfully tried this?  I couldn't find much of anything by
searching online.

Take care es 73,
Dave  AB7E