[TowerTalk] Electrical Tape

Bill Cotter n4lg at qx.net
Sun Mar 10 16:04:16 EDT 2024

John,

A second thought before an electrical tape bake-off:

It really doesn't matter what quality electrical
tape you use to cover connections, PROVIDED you
wrap the final taped connection with CoaxSeal.

The electrical tape is best used to protect the
connectors/connection from the CoaxSeal's gooey
stickum. The electrical tape peels right off the
connectors when you go to remove the CoaxSeal.
Putting CoaxSeal directly on connections is
miserable to remove - I did that once and still
remember, hi! And, CoaxSeal is superior to any
electrical tape for preventing water ingress.

73 Bill N4LG